Monday, February 23, 2009

OSCAR NIGHT!!!

What a night! If you happened to have missed the Academy Awards last night...well, shame on you for one, but have no fear for I have my very biased review complete with photos and video right here!



Did anyone doubt Hugh Jackman would do a fantastic job? I thought he was perfect! The opening number was hilarious and I liked the fact that he is such a versatile performer. I LOVED the part with Anne Hathaway.


I also loved when he cracked himself up during his bit about "The Reader". Do yourself a favor and give yourself permission to take the next 8 min. and watch Hugh's amazing opening number.


THAT'S how you open a show folks! My other favorite part about the Oscars was the different way they presented the awards to the actors by bringing out not one, but five previous winners and having them speak right to the nominee about their individual performance. I can only imagine how that must have felt to have someone you admire speak about your talent in such a way. Ben Stiller and Natalie Portman's bit was so funny too!



I thought it might be fun to do a fashion recap cuz I never see anyone so my blog is my outlet to my peeps now (depressing isn't it?) Normally I would grab People magazine and look at dresses with a friend but Noah's not really into that at 6 months old.
Here are some of my faves:









Here's my fave guy of the night besides the obvious one. I thought he looked amazing!


Here's some pics of what I call..."Who let them walk out of the house?"







I hope hope HOPE they ask Mr. Jackman back again, and maybe next year he'll have a nomination as well! What did you guys think? Hey did you see Robert Pattinson sitting right behind Mickey Rourke? Yummers!

Finally, this is why I hate Barbara Walters (hee hee) it's the best minute of this post! WATCH!

5 comments:

gina said...

I thought the whole night was GREAT! My favorite part of the whole Oscar thing is seeing what everyone wears...While I watch from my parents house in sweats. ;) Mr. Jackman was perfection!

gina said...

OH!!! I did see Robert. He's so yummy!

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

I didn't watch them last night but I don't feel like I missed a thing with your recap. Hope you and your little guy are feeling much better. Have a super day!!!

Mandi said...

I was indifferent to Hugh Jackman before the Oscars, but now I love him! I was also so excited for Kate Winslet, I want to hear you story where you met her!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you said exactly!!!