Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day Pops!



Just pretend it's Sunday Dad! I saw my dad on Sunday and got to say this to him, but we were all running around like crazy at UCLA graduation so since Mom got a tribute, here's one for my pops! Where to begin with my dad....the first man I ever trusted and loved with all of my heart. He was a police officer for the Ogden City Police Department for 23 years and always made me and Mom feel safe & secure no matter what. When dating time came around, he did not make my dates feel safe & secure as you might imagine! He always needed to "convienently" clean his gun just around the time my date would be arriving and then he would casually mention when he would like for me to be home. Ahh, the memories! It's a wonder I had any dates Dad! Some of my favorite memories with my dad are going to the shooting range with him and learning how to shoot (I rock the gun, by the way, thanks to good ol Dad!) I also never tire of hearing his stories about the crazy people he encounters every day. He is the best storyteller! He's the best photographer ever and it makes him so happy to create cool photos! He can listen to a song and immediately start playing it on his guitar. Wicked talent I wish I had! He has a twisted sense of humor.....yes I got it from him but you put he and my mom together and who knows where I got it from! What's funny about my dad is his (ahem) temper. He has the shortest fuse you will ever see when it comes to parking his car, fixing the computer, or tying a tie. Now that I think of it, I think I married my dad (Aaron is SO much like that)......what psychologist talked about that? Anyway he's a shy, handsome dude that never gives himself enough props for all the talent he posesses. My mom is like that too come to think of it! Gosh folks, wish you two knew how talented you are!! I love you and I promise your gift is coming to you Dad.....little late this year.

1 comments:

xcdenke said...

Very sweet! Love the pictures.