Have you ever had a time in your life where it is filled with constant BIG decision making, stress over being lied to by countless people and the need to make sure your kid stays on schedule with feedings, sleep...etc..? Well then you will understand the past 2 months of my life. My husband and I have been hurt many times by people throughout our lives and have dealt with it differently. He mistrusts folks until they give him a reason to trust them. I am the opposite and am constantly trying to convince him that people are good. Lately, I am struggling to keep that mindset. Aside from the folks I worked with at Home Depot and peeps at church, I have not been bowled over by the attitude of people here. I thought my biggest problem would be the weather but not at all. Let me explain why I'm struggling....
During our house hunt, our original realtor had a baby so she reffered us to a married couple that she works with. These 2 folks quickly became just one of them and the husband was not on our side at all. On our 2nd time out with him, we found a home we loved and wanted to offer on. One financing blunder later, we lost the house and made an appointment to go look at a few more houses. So I arranged for child care and the evening before we were going to go out with this realtor, he left a message saying he isn't the realtor for us and we were wasting his time. Yes, he actually said that. So I called a woman I had heard about at Home Depot. She set up appointments in no time and was wonderful! We went out with her, almost made an offer on a house we had seen twice but then we got our answer to our many prayers. As much as we wanted a house, our answer was to continue renting for now. So as you all know now, we found a great place we will be moving into at the end of the month.
Now then....we need a 2nd car since Home Depot won't be across the street anymore. So we saw a great car on craigslist and called the "auto sales and service" place where it was. Loooooooonnnggg story short we bought the car and found out the next day it had been completely totaled and rebuilt/salvaged. You're probably saying, "Jen, did you not run a Carfax report?" YES we sure did and it showed no records. Thanx to a friend at a car dealership who ran the VIN#.
So we battled a bit with this idiot to get our check back and had to drive 45 miles each way. Grrrr! I was so hurt and angry because I almost put my son in that unsafe car!
We found a great car at an actual dealership and here she is! 2003 Subaru Forester.


With my masterful powers of persuasion, we got the car for dealer cost. During all of this running around in and out of the car for HOURS (6hrs one day, 9 the next), my Noah has been incredible! I hated having him stuck in the car for so long, it broke my heart. He's been sleeping like a champ as always. What an angel boy! I cannot wait for his birthday in a couple of weeks!
So help me not feel alone in my stress ok? Share some horror stories or just share anything!
Trends in Eye Makeup Looks for Moms
4 years ago



6 comments:
What a crummy time! It sounds like you are doing a great job of making lemonade, but that can be exhausting! Here's hoping you are through the worst of it! And your new car is really cute!
P.S. I LOVE your banner!
What a bummer! My only advice to you is to move to Eastern Idaho... We're really nice here. ;)
Hmm. Maybe whether people are nice or not depends on what you are in the business of doing. I always argued with Mark saying that people around here (Sherman Oaks/LA) were nice, and he always argued that they were not. Until I started managing. I am now leaning more towards agreeing with him. Anyway, it's lame to hear that people are being not so nice to a very nice person. Sorry Jen.
i cannot believe how rude people have been to you! that realtor?! seriously, who is THAT rude?? i probably have had experiences that were almost as unpleasant but i have seem to have repressed the memories. probably helps me stay sane and not too jaded. maybe. congrats on the new car!
So Frustrating! My gosh! I feel you sister! That just seems to be life right now.
O.K., here is a horror story... I missed one of my best friends', kid's B-day party. Oh, yeah, it was yours!! I am an I-D-I-O-T!!! Next time read the fine print or just the print. GRRRRRRRRR...
Post a Comment