Thursday, April 30, 2009

Misc. blah blah blah....

I think this has been the longest I've gone without posting! Even after I gave birth, I posted 2 days later!! Anyhoo, that gives you an idea of the schedule I've been keeping. It goes something like this; 6am - Noah wakes up. 7pm - Daddy comes home. 8pm - I go to work until 1am. I don't have to tell you mommies out there how exhausting a day with an 8 month old crawling goofball can be. My job is a 5 hour workout. Up and down a 15 ft ladder with heavy boxes over and over again. Walking across the store over and over helping customers. My legs are humming when I finally get home and get to bed. I am so grateful for this job and don't want to seem ungrateful in any way. I am just so exhausted....especially when Noah won't nap. He's a little motor bum now. He's more and more confident every day!

I've been trying to keep in touch with friends and have actually done really well. The problem lies with people calling me back, texting me back, emailing me back, acknowledging my existence. It's actually made me quite sad at times because there are a few people that I thought would miss me and keep in touch but after 4 or 5 phonecalls, I get the hint. People need people, especially women. We need to comfort eachother and relate to eachother as women. I think the country has become so dependent and comfortable with texting, emails, and anything else that doesn't require any real amount of time that people truly ARE disconnected from eachother. When was the last time anyone recieved a handwritten letter or card from someone? When was the last time someone came by just to check on you or help you with something? Phonecalls are almost nonexistent in our place. BELIEVE ME, I know how busy life is but I wish I had my pals to talk to sometimes.

All that said, I want to shout out to Jennica, Charlene and Rachel Rands for being so great! They are the folks from LA that have kept in touch. I miss you gals so much!

In happier news, I got my lame haircut fixed and am loving it! It's shorter than ever in the back but she had to do that to fix the chop job the other gal did. I haven't taken a pic of me yet but it looks just like this:



FUN!
I'm praying that we can work it out this weekend so that Aaron and I can go out together to see "X-men Origins;Wolverine" Gotta support Mr. Jackman! Cross your fingers!

5 comments:

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

What a great post! Amen to you! I hated the texting world, but on my upgrade bought a phone with a keyboard just so I could keep up. LOL! Wish we lived closer, I would help out all I could. I know it's long distance, but if you ever want to chat I would love to catch up. My hubby works nights and every other weekend so anytime you need someone to visit with let me know, I would be happy to send you my numbers. Can't wait to see the new do, looks darling from the picture!

Rachel said...

jen, you are incredible! i don't know how you are doing all that you are doing! i don't think i could handle it. but i am glad that you are hanging in there. is all that lifting/running around at work helping you get in great shape or what? i bet you are looking hot! miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! I agree, I don't know how you do it all. I think about you every night while I am working late and wish we could just talk to the whole time. When I don't call you back it's because I know when I do, I want to spend an hour or more just talking to my dear friend, and I just never find the stupid time... :( excuses, excuses

xcdenke said...

First, know that I still love you and think of you every second. Yes, I could do better. So sorry!

B. Love the hair cut. I'll have to check it out when we can get together. Or send me a pic.

Love you and I will see you when we get back from Lake Chelan for some RNR. Wish we could bring you along. You could use more than me it seems.
xoxo,
C

Mark & Bek said...

Sweetie! I seriously don't know how you are even surviving. Your schedule for me would be a recipe for a nervous breakdown. You should call me sometime. Russ and I are by ourselves most of the time anyway. I love you! I miss you!