Monday, March 31, 2008

Vegas wore me OUT!






Whew! I need a vacation to recover from our vacation last week! My sweet parents gave us "Luxor Dollars" for Christmas so Aaron & I used them and set off to be together & have some fun together before we are baby-bound (happily). The highlights for me were the incredible buffets. We were gluttonous pigs! I could not believe how much delicious food we ate! Another highlight for me was a mothers nurture massage I recieved at the spa at the Luxor then I came back to the room to find Aaron had put rose petals all over the room and had run a bubble bath for me! Awwww! We also went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" which was fantabulous! Most shows get 3 million to put on a show....Phantom got 40 million!! Every aspect of it was just perfect for a theatre geek like me! It was pretty close to the movie for those of you that have seen it. We did a ton of shopping and walking. Lots of walking...more walking. Whew! The atrium at the Bellagio was so beautiful! They decorate it differently for different holidays or seasons & the smell of the fresh flowers is so wonderful! In the pictures you can see it was all done up for Easter. It reminded me a lot of Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory, it was so fantastical. We then went to the shark reef at Mandalay Bay and saw many beautiful creatures. I made peace with the sting rays and touched the largest one quite a few times. Since Steve Irwin's death, my apprehension around sting rays and sadness every time I saw them was really bothering me. May sound silly but sitting down and petting a REALLY big one and just "getting over it" was really great. Steve would never want someone's love for animals to diminish due to an accident. Anyhoo, while we were at Mandalay Bay we also had our charactature done. I've always wanted to get one done and I LOVE how ours turned out!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

sounds like a great trip! i love me some buffets when i'm in vegas too. i think it is the funnest way to eat by far! hopefully you can relax now that you're home!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! You look so happy and that makes me so happy!

gina said...

hmmm buffets! Looks like you guys had fun- Cutest couple ever!