Friday, March 25, 2011

So much to say.

Often, it is where to begin that is the hardest for me. I am so full of emotion I just want to blurt....then I have to backtrack to make any kind of sense.  So here goes!
For over a year I have had a friend request in my inbox on Facebook. I never deleted it but also didn't respond. It was from my sister who I had not seen nor spoken to, communicated with...etc. for 25 years. What I was told about her was and why she left home when I was around 9 (she being 5 years older) I have since learned was not the truth by any stretch of the imagination.  LONG story shorter, one day I was just looking at her picture and I clicked "confirm" on the friend request. Every day since has been filled with conversations that last for HOURS and are still not long enough, wonderful emails....etc. Despite having grown up apart, we are freakishly similar in our likes, dislikes, humor, talents, tastes in design.....you name it.  It has been so overwhelming and wonderful at the same time.  I have 3 nephews I have never met and a brother-in-law that sounds like such a wonderful man. He adores my sister so that makes him a-ok in my book.
They are all coming to visit in July so it is going to be an amazing birthday this year. She is also a Harry Potter fan so we will be going to the midnight showing of the final HP movie.  YAY!!  It is going to be so ridiculous in so many ways I just cannot wait! 
I'm sure you all are wondering if she is as beautiful as I am.....hahaha!! So here's a pic of my gorgeous sis and her hubby Anthony!

  Here are a couple blasts from the past for your enjoyment :)
 On that happy note. I bid you farewell for today  :)  Love to all

6 comments:

Chelly said...

*heart full* I love you!

Joe and Jill said...

Your sister is beautiful! I remember when you and I were in high school together you told me you had a sister but that she left home.

I have awesome, wonderful, fantastic friends (you being one of them). But the relationship I have with my sister doesn't compare as I'm sure you're finding out. There is nothing as special as a big sister.

My sister is 5 years older than me too. We are different in a lot of ways yet the same in so many ways.

I'm so happy for you and your sister!

Ketsy said...

I am so glad to hear that things are looking up. Hugs!
Ketsy

Claire Thompson said...

Hey Jen, I've seen some of your facebook post and wondered what was all happenin to ya, sounds like its been tough but good to see that you are making your way back, I also have 20lbs to loose so its good to have someone in the 20lb club with me!:) I hope things keep getting better for you, I'm glad you found a good doctor you know your own body and you know when things are not right, its frustrating when people (docs) don't listen. Where abouts did you buy your house? do you feel settled there now?

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you are blogging again my dear! I miss you so much!!!

Mark & Bek said...

Ah Jen! I'm so glad you are blogging again. It is always so fun to read your blog.

This business with your sister sounds really amazing.

Also, your life in the last two years sounds like a movie I would like to see.

I miss you and wish you would come visit LA!

I don't know if you were serious about the camera, but it is a Panasonic Lumix. Mark takes all the pictures and will hardly let me touch it.

Say hi to your two men for me!