Friday, July 18, 2008

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall......


.....and yours truly(humpty dumpty) had a great fall yesterday. This is going to be one looong post to update you guys on the last week or so. I'll begin with the most recent and work my way backwards. Thursday morning I was walking my pups and looking forward to a very productive day ahead. All of the sudden, this jerk on a bicycle comes blazing behind us ON THE SIDEWALK scaring the crap out of the dogs and me! The dogs each went a different way around me and my legs got caught in the leashes and I went belly first SMACK onto the pavement. I tried to break the fall with my hands but no go. Somewhere in the mess I had dropped the leashes and the dogs went over to bark at the bicycle (they hate bikes). The guy started to keep going while I was screaming and crying, then slowed down and said, "aaa, do you need help up? I'm 34 wks PREGNANT YOU IDIOT!!!! A neighbor heard me scream and came out and wrangled the dogs and chewed out the dude on the bike. I called my doc and she sent me straight to the ER.

On my way I made a pitstop to "Blessings R'Us" a.k.a the Denke men's office in Burbank. ;) I was so grateful to get a blessing before I went to the hospital. I was so upset and frightened but the blessing replaced those feelings with so much comfort. Thanks Conrad! So I got admitted to the hospital around noon and they took what felt like half of my blood supply to do all sorts of tests. I was kept overnight so they could make sure everything was ok. I was having contractions WAY too often so they tried rest, IV fluids, then finally a drug called Trebutiline to stop the contractions. Side effects: THE SHAKES!!! I felt like I had taken Dr. Pepper and hooked it up to the IV for a few hours! YIKES! Best thing about my hospital stay was Aaron bringing me Outback Steakhouse for dinner....mmmm! Good man there! I had zippo sleep. Way too warm in the room, not my comfy bed, and oh yea, a woman was giving birth a couple of rooms away. Who can sleep at a time like that? It was so surreal to hear, then I heard her baby cry and I started bawling like I was in the family or something! I'm such a mush! So I got checked out around 1pm on Friday and was cleared to go on home but I will need to go back Saturday for another test. Sad thing is, I am not allowed to walk even MY own dogs anymore. I love our walks ;( It is what is best for the baby though, no more chances!


So on to HAPPIER updates...I had my baby shower on my birthday, July 12th and it was just the most perfect day! My super beautiful, wonderful friends Carrie, Charite & Rachel threw it for me! I love this picture SO much! Thanks Jennica for the awesome photography!

Rachel made all my dreams come true and cooked my favorite Macaroni & Cheese and the best Lemon Cake on the planet! Carrie knew just the right amount of dressing to put on my favorite kind of salad, ceasar salad YUMMERS! Everything was so beautifully decorated and so many gals I love so much showed up to shower baby Wise with love! I got to spend some time with a LONG TIME friend from back in Nasville days, Keri. I haven't seen her in years and she just moved out here! Jill is back in town, Jacque came, I've missed them so much! So here's some pics from the best shower ever!





So THEN, after an exhausting but wonderful time at the shower, I returned home to some lovely birthday surprises from my hubby! He had balloons all over the apartment and a big box full of b-day cards from a bunch of loved ones. Apparently he kidnapped all the mail for the week and put them all in a box for me to read all at once. He then took me to dinner at a place we'd never been and it was fantastic! I was SO swollen and tired but having such a great time. When Aaron told me he had one more surprise for me, I told him unless it was a massage, I couldn't do it. He smirked and told me he booked me an hour and a half pre-natal massage!!! Woo-hoo! It was glorious! I went home and crawled into bed and slept like a rock!


Some other fun happenings in the land of the Wises'.....we got our stroller and carseat that we wanted!!! I can't believe how excited we got over a stroller but we searched SOOOO much for the right one and we just loved this one and found a great deal on Ebay. If anyone is in the market and likes the looks of this, its a 2008 Peg Perego UNO in tango red with the matching carseat.


I've also been doing some decorating in the nursery area. I found some cute wooden animals that have layered wooden pieces on them so they look 3-D. We also found a great sage green rug at Ikea that just works out great too!


So a HUGACIOUS thank you to everyone who sent me love on my birthday and for my baby shower! It relieves so much anxiety to know there are so many people that already love this baby and want to help us provide for him/her. I held that thought in my mind every time I was worried in the hospital. Much love!

3 comments:

xcdenke said...

Don't ever scare me like that again. But, the most important thing is that you and B.W. are o.k.

WOW, you have some awesome friends! ;) It was so fun to throw and it just came so perfectly together on your B-day! xoxo

char said...

SCARY, JEN!!!!! I am so glad you are both okay. I am sad to have missed your shower...sounds like it was a great party. I could hardly hold it in when you were saying that you were afraid that Aaron was not planning anything for your birthday...I'd already received the e-mail that he'd sent out to all your friends and knew he was cooking up something good. Glad you're resting. Hang in there, girlfriend!!!

Claire Thompson said...

Wow, you may not have been throwing up this pregnancy but it has definetly not been a walk in the park for you. Hooray for good Dr.'s and hospitals, I think baby Wise is destined to come into this world early, (that was my vote on your blog, an early girl).